Ashley - Moosic, Pennsylvania

I believe in karma. What goes around, does, in fact, come around. Those who are truly good at heart will benefit greatly in life. Nurses, for example, spend their lives caring for everyone but themselves. Tragedy isn’t completely out of the question for them, and others with “good karma,” but I still believe that they are destined for better things than those who are selfish. I have come to believe this because of my own personal experience.

In 2006, I broke my first heart. He really thought I was special, but I just didn’t feel the same way anymore. It shattered my heart to hurt his, but I had to do what I felt was right. I had met someone else more intriguing. That relationship didn’t go anywhere, but I wasn’t crushed by a long shot. Although karma did cross my mind after that, I wasn’t a firm believer until I met the new guy. We started off as friends, but I fell fast. I isolated myself from my friends, and I hung on his every word. Months later, our relationship took a wrong turn, and he ended it because he had met someone else. I blamed it on my bad karma. How could I do that to someone else and not expect it to come back to me?

In the long run, it changed me for the better. Now, I’m a lot more cautious in my actions, and I do my best to keep everyone satisfied. I figured out who I want to be. I want to be someone who gets enjoyment out of making others happy. I mean, don’t get me wrong, I still have to think about myself from time to time. Living life for others will only leave a person with nothing. But, I do want to make a difference in someone’s life, and it isn’t just for the positive karma.