Holly - Taylor, Pennsylvania

I believe in abstinence. Everyday, I see teenagers giving themselves away. Abstinence protects my morals, beliefs, values, and health. It’s important to stay a virgin because when the time comes to get married, I want it to be special.

One of my most important morals is not to give myself away. I will be losing a part of myself that I can never get back. I believe that marriage is the biggest commitment I can make to a person, and I feel that such a commitment should be sealed with something special. This is why I practice abstinence.

I believe that you should wait for the person who you want to spend the rest of your life with. Giving your whole self is the best gift that you can give someone. Also, you should seize opportunities in life, while you still can. Getting pregnant can change your goals and your outlook on life. It can also hinder you from reaching your full potential.

I value my religious beliefs, and as a result I behave in a morally responsible way. Also, I value my numerous achievements in athletics and I understand that a child can prevent me from achieving all that I want to achieve in the future.

Your health can be diminished due to sexual activities. Multiple partners increase the risk of infection with an STD. The body becomes more prone to various diseases the earlier one engages in sexual relationships. Sexual activity can increase your risk of contracting cancer. Having watched the effects of cancer first hand, I take extra measures to protect myself.

I firmly believe that abstinence until marriage is the only morally responsible decision a young woman can make. It is hard, but I am determined to protect my morals, beliefs, values and health. I see how failure to abstain has halted many young women from achieving their full potential.