Matthew - Webster City, Iowa

In less than eight months, I’m going to be going to Bible College to be a Youth Pastor. Since I’m going into the ministry, there is one thing that I really need to believe. But, even if I was not going into the ministry, I would still need to believe this. I believe with all of my heart, that the Bible is without error. Furthermore, I believe that the Bible was inspired by God.

Let me explain this a little bit. I believe that the Bible is without error. I believe that it contains no mistakes. That belief in my life has been challenged many different times. The biggest challenge to my belief has been the theory of evolution. Evolutionists seem to have so many different facts and proofs for evolution, that it seems that evolution is more of a fact than a theory. But then I remember the words of Ken Ham, “We all have the same evidence. It is just how we interpret that evidence.” An evolutionist sees a fossil and thinks millions of years, and I see a fossil and think 40 days and nights during the flood of Noah. I believe that the Bible has no errors.

I also believe that the Bible was inspired by God. That literally means that the Bible was God-breathed. Not that God reached down from Heaven and started writing the Bible, or that God even whispered in the ears of prophets. What I mean by that is God, by way of the Holy Spirit inspired men to write His Word. And it truly is the Word of God.

I have to believe this. If I didn’t I wouldn’t have a reason for living, a passion for anything, or a hope when dying. Some would say that I believe this because I’m scared, I’m a coward, or because I need something to believe in. That’s not the reason. I believe this because I am convinced beyond the shadow of a doubt that it is true. I believe this, because now I have a passion for God, I have a reason for living, and I have more than a hope for eternal life.