Living the Good Life

Brett - Waterford, Pennsylvania

I believe in a difference making life. Not necessarily a life that is eventful, but one with a purpose. A life that has carried on a successful line of production is considered difference making. Yet this success is not measure in dollar amounts, fancy cars, plush mansions, fine suits, or luxurious clothing. For most people, they accumulate mentioned entities by living their job. Not work, but they become more of a slave to their job, and literally deprive themselves from their families, hobbies, and life itself.

With only “x” amount of days given, why spend so many of them at work, or thinking about work? When you break it down, in life, people spend time at their jobs to do what? The answer is to make money. Money is essentially paper. Putting so much emphasis on paper seems very childish to me. Sorry, once you die, you are able hold onto none of those possessions. All those expensive luxuries that you once had, or dreamed of, can only be contained for people you have left behind. Let’s see, I may not have as much money as you, but I can at least go to bed happy, knowing that I lived today as if it were my last, and I am content with myself, my family, and my life.

About one-third of your life you spend sleeping. Nothing you can really change about that. Sleep is needed to live, and carry on simple functions. The average person spends 2,080 hours every year working. With statistics against you, do something worthwhile with your remaining time. Most children to not realize how truly blessed they are to be healthy. However, most kids nowadays spend their time on computers, and play video games all day. Exactly what are they accomplishing? They are just entertaining their imagination. Some kids are terminally ill and cannot play sports, or even go to school. They wish and dream that for one day, just one day, that they too could be able to do the normal everyday things an average person can do. Even worse, some children are sick and do not have any medical help. Whether it is due to cost of treatments, or where they live, such as a third world country, they are unable to find assistance.

Do not take life for granted. You too are capable of changing someone’s life forever, even if it is with the slightest notion. A smile can change a person’s view on life. No matter how tough or unfair life seems, just remember that someone right now is going through something tougher. You do not have to live a life that puts you into record books or encyclopedias. Live a life that at any point you can look back upon it, and consider it fulfilled.