Gabrielle - 98404, Washington

Sisterhood

I believe that a sisterhood can change your life and keep you on the right track. Anyone who is very close to there sisters or friends, or even anyone who is alone would agree with me. A sisterhood guides you in the right direction to the wright life. They are your structure. I believe in everything about a sisterhood.

I know that sisterhoods are full of people that trust and look up to each other. In sisterhoods you can always make one another smile. You have a happy thought for almost every moment and the sad ones are discussed and quickly dismissed. You can’t go a day without thinking of one of your sisterhood’s inside jokes. In a sisterhood everyone has everyone’s back. I know that smiles, happy thoughts, inside jokes, and being there for some one doesn’t sound like a lot, but those things could be the difference between someone committing suicide and someone who lives to be one hundred. And trust me, I know that keeping the trust in a sisterhood in hard work but that only makes it better.

From experience I have found that in a sisterhood you appreciate everyone’s opinions so much that you don’t even dare do anything that might disappoint them. I care about the opinion of my sisterhood so much that I would rather have my parents be mad at me then I would my “sisters.”

I am in the strongest sisterhood ever. It consists of me and my twin sister. Ever since we were young we have been very close. We had all the same classes until we were in fourth grade and we did gymnastics together until a few months ago. I have always trusted her as she has me. Since I can remember we have been able to tell each other anything and everything. And I swear everyday we have a laughing attack. We have so many inside jokes that it is ridiculous that we can remember them.

Best of all my sister kept me on the high road. I don’t drink or smoke not only because I know they will kill me but also because I know it would disappoint my sister. This is the same reason I study hard and have to get good grades. Because of my sisters opinions I now take love seriously and don’t take not knowing for granted. Ever since my sister quit gymnastics I notice part of my motivation now comes from wanting to keep her dream for me alive and to make her proud. It’s people like that, that make your life longer, safer, and happier.

Though a sisterhood can’t change the world it can change the people in it. Without my sister I would not be the fun loving energetic person I am today. She has not only taught be to always be myself but helped me find myself and she has let that person shine through all the time. I believe a sisterhood is the most powerful form of guidance.