reuben - chicago il, Illinois

Over many years I have learn many things in life. I have reflected on the life that passes by my eyes.

I seen many things and have many memories that which help me to become the person I am today loving

Caring and Understanding. When I was young I never had the true meaning of a family. I always compare my family to my

Friend’s family and mines was always different. We all heard the story about the kid whose mother did drugs well if you didn’t

Hear one here’s one for you. I was young kid at the point of my life I was to young to question life. At the time I didn’t knew what where drugs but I had seen them many times. When I reach the age of ten I had an understanding of drugs. I was ten and unsure of what to fell sadness in my heart or hate. My mother became worse by the time I reached 12 Becoming addict to heroin and still keeping her old addiction cocaine.

A new addiction met a new price so she needed a job reason being she couldn’t support her new habit. So she took a job working The Street for her money and drugs .while she was on the street I was at home with my younger sister and brother. My sister cried every night.

Praying and wishing that my mother would get better at the time I was only 10 years old .my sister never had met her father But I was there for her and became her father .my brother he was younger then my sister he was 5 years old at the time he was

Too young to understand he also had no father there for him just like my sister I was there for him too as big brother and a father. I basically raise these kids cooking, cleaning for them the best I knew how to. This cause me to become closer to my brotherAnd sister .I have learn how to be a family man I learn how love some one I learn how to be supporting. Even if mother cause

Pain to me and my family’s hearts she was still a good mother she bought us food to eat and a home to live I learn to love my

Mother no matter I am happy to say my mother is better and been clean for a year now

My mother and I share a bond with each other WHAT’S THAT BOND LIKE? ADULT? so does my brother and sister .its bring a smile to my face to know my mother is safe from drugs and her self destruction every day .I talk to my mother I have the feeling of being loved so does my brother and sister that void in my heart is now gone a mothers love is a part of my life. last Christmas me and family would tells sorry about the good times that we had with each other having a perfect family moment .

I believe that family over comes every thing