Jesse - Chicago, Illinois

I Believe God is True But Religion is False

Jesse Hernandez

“There is only one God, and just a hundred versions of him.” Religion is all over the world and whether you believe in Christ or Buddha the basis is the same; I believe that God is true but religion is false. I’ve been going to church since I was two years old and have seen and heard it all. From Jesus “speaking” through people and followers being “slain” in the spirit. I have heard the testimonies and how believers were infected with AIDS and out of no where, after prayer, they were healed.

I look at religion as a form of discipline to keep people in order, Pastors may be good people with good hearts while at the same time they break their own rules that they themselves enforce on stage.

Many people look at religion and judge it, and nobody pay’s any mind to the people because they are on the outside looking in. I on the other hand am on the inside of religion looking out. Looking everywhere and trying to figure out and understand what the true purpose of this thing called Religion is. There are so many different forms of religion: Jewish, Catholic, Christian, Mormon and even Cultists that believe that their ruler will come down on a spaceship greeting them with a plate of cookies and strawberry NesQuick. Each one believes that they are right, so the question is are we all going for this so called Hell that’s destined to those who sin by the Man that shows unconditional love?

Religion in my opinion is meant for discipline or something for people just to go to when they are frustrated, possibly to find love somewhere if they may not get it any where else. To feel loved and accepted, wanted by people that they have never met before in their lives. What stands out to me is how someone can make it to heaven if the bible clearly says for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, Romans 3:23. Is the only way we make it to heaven is if we were to die right after we finish praying and asking for forgiveness? They say that God knows our beginning and our ending before we were born, are some of us destined to hell before our parents even met each other and went out an had that “first kiss”?

Believing in God isn’t a bad thing, I believe there is a higher being but a higher being that calls us his children and would send us to hell the next minute for all eternity is in my opinion that is far from the picture. I have tried to give different churches a chance to feel what other people claim they feel, but I find it extremely hard when I’m sitting in my chair innocently and at the same time I’m being called a “wanna be gangster/player who acts out because I never got love from daddy.” I know who I am and I know who God is to me.