David - Chicago, Illinois

Inspiration is an amazing thing when it’s right in front of you. The things we see and that have influenced us, we try to emulate to the fullest of our ability. Inspiration comes in many different shapes and forms. Through books, music, art and even cloth designs we see things that make us feel emotion. Some trigger a great sensation of contemporary greatness. Some give us that gloomy grey shade of regret. No matter what we do we have learned it from somewhere else.

When I play music, I remember the people that have mad a big impact on my life. On a Friday night of last year I went to see the band Green Day. It was a summer day in the evening; instead of spending it out by perfect scenery of a pond and with a pick nick basket I was dead front row to see a great concert. The crowd roared in the masses anticipating there way to the stage. Through the mints of disarray and confusion the band comes out with no delay. Through out the whole show the looks on the faces near me were ones I can’t quiet put into words. It was as if they were looking at a substantial amount of proof that there is life on another planet. No matter how hard the crowd pushed and what a difficult time we all had holding our ground, no one hesitated to look away. There eyes fixed upon the stage, the speechless faces I seen, they all expressed such an emotion and created such an atmosphere which was one like no other that I had ever felt. I was so compelled and inspired to the extent where I couldn’t get any of the words out of my mouth, lasting through out the night, my body felt a comfortable numbness, an indescribable sensation I have not felt since I was 7 years old.

Later that week I read an article about the concert they have brilliantly pulled off here in my home town. They were asked did Chicago being a major city did it intimidate you playing. The response of the lead singer response was so Keene and came in a timely fashion. He said “before I go onstage I just think of Van Halen, everyday of my life I always wanted to be someone like that” said Billie Joe “before I hit the stage I always said that’s gunna be me up there one day”.

I believe in the power of inspiration. The lives we live the actions we do, there just our own renditions of something we seen before. We choose what we follow and what we can take in from. inspiration is just a way to filter out the bad and the good. It’s up to us to decide from the both. I believe we are the inspired; the present we live in wouldn’t exist without the past we have. We learn from our mistakes, the mistakes that have inspired us to travel a different road. Do it differently and only hope for a better outcome. I believe inspiration would one day change the world.