Timothy - Issaquah, Washington

This I Believe:

There is someone or something watching out for us. I do not believe that there is such thing as luck. Luck is something someone says to denote that anything protects us or gives us anything.

Many weeks ago I was driving down road. My Parents were out of town and it was starting to snow. My brother was downtown working and did not have a vehicle suitable for those conditions. He called me at about 8:30 PM and told me that he needed my Mom’s car to get home safely before the snow started to stick. So my little brother, my sister and I got the house straightened up and we got the keys and walked out. My little brother was in the back seat talking to my Mom on the phone. I was just about to pass the base of a community where there was no shoulder. I see this guy walking very awkwardly down the middle of the road. He was wearing a dark black leather jacket and some blue jeans. I turn to the other side of the road to avoid him. Another car pulled out onto the road coming right for me. I got back over keeping my distance. The car passes me and I get over to avoid hitting the man and the other car. All the sudden I hear a smack against the side of the car. I had hit him with the mirror. I slammed on the brakes and turned. I drove down the road in terror thinking that I had hit the guy and that he was dead. I see the guy walking to the side of the car. I rolled down the window relieved to see that he was alright. Something was looking out for him. He came to the window and asked if all of us were alright. We were a little shaken but we were okay. I asked the guy if he was ok and if he needed me to take him to the hospital. He said that he was fine and he did not need to go to the hospital. Both of us switched phone numbers and we went our way. Again I insisted on taking him to the hospital. But he said he would be ok and that he did not want to worry about the whole insurance thing. He called me a couple of weeks ago and said that he is fine and made sure all is well. He made the comment to me that someone was watching out for him that night because things could have been a whole lot worse.

This really helped me and strengthened my belief that someone is always watching out for us. I am really glad he made this comment when he called because I know that it is true. This is one of the biggest out of many reasons why I believe that there is someone or something that is watching out for us.