Dan - chicago, Illinois
Themes: change, race

I believe that you can take something that people in the world says is negative and make it positive. I believe that the word nigger is something that is made positive. I believe I use the word different not saying nigger but putting a little slang to it by saying nigga. I say the word a lot and my friends say it a lot to. I don’t say the word nigga like its something that will hart somebody’s feelings I say the word in it could mean a lot of things like, that’s my nigga, that nigga got a lot of respect, or that’s tha realest nigga I know. If I was to stop saying the word nigga I will feel like I lost a part of my society, in my mind that word is something that is past down from generation to generation.

I feel that some of the people in the world try in stop saying this word because they are trying to forget the things in the past but I believe if they forget about something like this they will forget the history of something that was big in the world

I believe that the word nigga is jest another word to call a black person other then saying man that black person. There are a lot of people in tha world that will flip out in jest wont to grab you by yo arms and jest shake the hell out of you when they heir the word nigga in say I should not say that word because it was something that white man called me. But what they don’t know is I know were that word come from that’s what makes it so powerful to me. Because I say a word that was made to hurt, and made it into something that bonds me and other people like me together. Some people say that word is a curse that’s to them I say it’s something worth saying because it holds a different meaning for me. If people knew where I come from and how I lived they would understand that it’s something good