nick - renton, Washington

I have attempted to reach my limits numerous times and I can now stand here and say that they are truly unattainable. I found out about my wonderful capability to push my physical and mental limitations when I first picked up a skateboard around the age of 10. I remember the very first time I accomplished doing an Ollie. I had spent so long learning one of the most fundamental pieces of skateboarding and now I am truly amazed to look back and see how far I have come. That great sensation I got from learning something new sparked something inside my body that made me determined to practice and get better. The sensation you get when experiencing something new and rewarding is the heart of exploration in my eyes. Since that day my life has been full of exploring my body and minds limitations and expanding my mind. When I say exploration I don’t mean only its more obvious definition of discovering uncharted land, but when I think of exploration I imagine my own desire to push the limits on things I know have no boundaries.

As a modern day explorer I have come to discover much about my self and who I am as well as learning things about others. Because of my passion to push the envelope I consider my self a much deeper person with many layers of experience. My curiosity for the unknown has helped to push me into the modern explorer I am today and has driven me to push my self at whatever to help me understand what was previously unknown to me. This wonderful passion I have has made my life much more fulfilling and I believe this active sense of discovery has brought me into many experiences I would not have had without it.

I frequently find myself drawn to danger or any activity that involves fear and adrenalin. I largely blame my desire to explore for this health hazard I face, but to me life feels more complete because I know I am growing and learning from my experiences. As a man with a strong desire for exploration I have come to realize many things about this lifestyle of adventure. On numerous occasions I have found my self on the ground facing pain because of my up front attitude as the guy who will try anything first. Skateboarding, snowboarding and most other extreme things I do have a large risk associated with it and as an explorer I have experienced why they call these things extreme first hand. The pain and failure is all apart of pushing the limits and makes the resulting expansion of my mind much more rewarding.

My sense of exploration is alive and well and everyday I give thanks for this gift. I don’t ever want to be the one going through life being too scarred to try new things or being too afraid to get hurt. This pro active personality associated with discovery has uncovered many things to me and has helped me gain experience far beyond my years. I hope every single person someday gets the feeling that they must seize a moment to be satisfied with the outcome of the situation they are in, and that this feeling sparks a desire to discover and try new things. I believe that our minds and our bodies were created as limitless objects. Every person has the potential to push themselves past their previous best and this is why exploration is such a positive way to live. I see exploring as expansion and every new experience I have stretches my limitations a little more.