Alexander - Renton, Washington
Themes: carpe diem

I believe in time and the need to have 32 hours in one day.

For the past few years, I’ve noticed that the hours in a day are too short for me and that I can’t accomplish some of the things I wanted or needed to do. The time that I have has the power to shorten my work and ability to do anything. I wish I had so much time to do many things, such as studying, sleeping, working, going to school and mostly spending time with my family and friends. So many things I can achieve if I just had little bit more time to do it in the first place.

I remember a day where one of my best friends had a birthday party on Thursday. That same day I had to go to school and work and expected to take some tests the next day. I did not have time to stay at my friend’s party to celebrate his birthday, because I had to study and get at least 4 hours of sleep. I felt really bad about leaving his party. That’s where I wish the day had 32 hours.

I am the person who has to do something all the time, usually the work comes to me, I don’t choose it. One day gives me 6 hours of sleep, and 9 hours to prepare and go to school and come back from school, 4 hours of work and the rest is my homework time and chores. I don’t have time to sleep more, relax at home and hang out with my friends. It basically cuts my life in half.

I believe time has its own magic and powers. Procrastination is a thief of time. When I think I still have time, I tend to procrastinate and the next thing I know it’s already too late to do anything, and I have to go to bed to get some rest in order for me to start a new day. Timing is most important thing in our lives, and no one seems to notice it. It’s mainly invisible and you can’t see, but people only notice the effects of time’s magic and powers.

If only day lasted at least 8 hours longer then it would be just perfect. If that happened then life would be pretty amazing to me. I would accomplish and achieve a lot of things and spent time with my friends and family. My life would take place to a new level of future excitement. 32 hours in a day would complete everything I ever needed to get done that I never had the time to do it before.

I believe in time and neediness to have 32 hours in one day.