Hari - Syracuse, New York
Themes: carpe diem

Carpe Diem – This I believe

Some say life is short, others believe it is long. Whatever length of time is assigned to it, one thing is for certain, you only get one shot at it. It therefore makes sense to make the very best of it. Opportunities for enjoyment, self-improvement, and self-fulfillment should always be pursued, never ignored. This I believe. Every moment of everyday is precious, once a moment is spent on one thing, there is absolutely nothing that can be done to get that time back. Make sure you make the best of the time you are given, seize every moment, seize the day. Thomas Edison chose to sleep no more than four hours a night, granted, this is a little extreme. But his choice allowed him to use valuable time for personal pursuits. Everyone listening to this report has made the decision to spend two minutes on a degree of self-improvement. Those two minutes are gone forever, though. Are you satisfied with how you chose to spend them? Whenever we decide how to seize the day, make sure the decision is a wise one, make sure it is an informed one, because that day will be gone forever. I will leave you with the words of Mahatma Gandhi. “Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever” Thank you.