Rev Sister Rosemarie - Big Sur, Gore-da,, California

The crimson brilliance of sunset has faded into dark diamonds of the night sky. Such beauty makes me conscious of how I believe in gratitude and glory to a Source of this daily miracle we call life. Dawn will find me catching my breath as the pinks become golden and blaze to the magnificence of a dazzling sun orb giving light to a new day. Our world has developed so as to almost eclipse this daily miracle in the hustle and bustle of school or work or city life where high rise buildings hide the majestic moments. As a child I only remember glimpses of it in vacations at camp, or seashore, or mountains. My father tried to give us on hunting expeditions a few such moments.

I believe in destiny. Mine captured a few years of childhood in Hawaii in the 50’s and all the beauty of flowers and leis and luahs and towering ocean waves that hula dancing embodied. In my teens the mystical revelation of a Love-Light so astounding overtook me for a few days and led me into monastic dimensions of consecrated life in prayer, contemplation, and a love so embracing in evolutionary and noetic tending toward Omega as to be Hymn of the Universe and Mass Upon the World. People still ask: What are you doing for the world? They cannot grasp that at the heart of universal energies prayer transforms, heals, is an evolutionary force of transfiguration of the dark forces. The Dalai Lama embodies his motto of kindness despite 15,000 monks and his Tibettan culture despoiled by communism and atheism. My destiny led to eight years spent in Africa and the wonder of a new culture and primal society. A trip to Thailand opened Asia’s gifts and magnificence in myriads of new and Buddhist ways. Sharing the life of Hindu ashrams here in California and Masters of Vedic Wisdom compliments my own path of Christianity. Sufi mystics point to Islamic depths. I believe all faiths refract the Immutable Light of the Holy One like a crystal which our world is at its core. That is why my heart breaks open in sobs at the wars and divisions and violence which plague our planet. My heart breaks asunder with the 20 billion in arms sold today by this country to Saudi Arabia. It shudders in anguish as more countries seek nuclear weapons or arms for more wars and killing. I believe we are destroying the wondrous gift of life and beauty of creation. The military complex takes hold everywhere and materialistic or athiesic values of society hide the sunrises and sunsets of our days without moments to wonder or give thanks or speak words of love, compassion, kindness, peace to one another near and far. My destiny is to be prayer at the heart of this reality… to believe the Dazzling Light of God’s Sunrise will overcome the dark forces that threaten us… that the mantra of peace can dim the sound of machine gunfire and bombs and military maneuvres that resound over creation’s bird songs, wind songs, and laughing, innocent children making melodies of hope despite grown ups waywardness. I believe Love is at the center of our world and can bring it to its fullest human potential and greatness of spirit. My destiny is to be peace and love and prayer at its core… This I believe… Love will overcome.