Sunida - Syracuse, New York

My philosophy is “You can do it if you believe you can and will not give up”. This is an inspirational statement that I’ve learned from Napoleon Hill’s book, “The law of success”. This is true to me because it boosts my confidence to overcome any problems. I consider every problem is a fact of life. It comes and goes, so I become more relax and have a power to fight with the problem. When I believe I can, I acquire an ability to do things although I don’t have it at the beginning. Because of positive thinking that I will probably be successful, I try every way to learn how to do it even though it is difficult or I have no idea about it. Moreover, when I try hard to know what my problem is, I finally come up with a direction to accomplish my goal. For example, at a very first semester in Syracuse University, I had difficulties understanding classes because of communication in English and very limited backgrounds in Computer Science, but I never gave up. I had belief that I could pass the exam like other students. Because I knew my problems, I spent more time to study a subject that I did not catch up. I tried to find more information outside the book from other sources, and came to ask professors questions that I don’t understand. Finally, I survived in that semester. This statement makes me as a stronger person. I will not overcome any obstacles and will not be here as a Ph.D. student today if I don’t believe in myself that I can do it.