Kelsey - ROCKFORD, Michigan
Themes: pleasure

The superior 24 hour period of the seven days included in a given week is known as Thursday. This I believe. I’m sure at this point most of you strongly disagree with me because your minds have been brainwashed by thinking that Friday, Saturday, or Sunday own the title of best day of the week because they are part of the infamous relaxation period known as “the weekend.” However, I will assure you that by the end of my argument you will realize what foolish thinking that really was.

Let me start by proving why the other six days of the week are so inferior to Thursday. Friday, this is a good day, not a great day, hence the holiday known as Good Friday, not great. Well, Saturday, yes, it is one of the better days, however, Saturday is close to Sunday, which means the weekend is already halfway done. Sunday is the last day of the weekend, therefore, it is almost impossible to enjoy. Sunday is also known as the day of homework for most students because to spend Friday or Saturday on schoolwork is simply out of the question. Monday, not much explanation is needed for this one. For decades, this day has been labeled the worst by most, especially for students. Monday is the day jobholders return to work and students go back to school. It is the beginning of the workweek and the end of the weekend. Tuesday is the day after Monday therefore; it is automatically tarnished from potential greatness. Wednesday is hump day, the halfway mark. I must admit this isn’t a particularly bad day. Its only real problem is simply that it is not Thursday.

Thursday is the fourth day of the week. Thursday is the day England’s elections are held. Thursday is the day gays wear green. Thursday owns the night of the best television shows. Thursday is the day people are most excited for the weekend. Thursday is the day of the Roman god, Jupiter. Thursday is the absolute best day of the week. This I believe.