Bryant - Rockford, Michigan

I believe in the power of knowledge. The smartest people in the world have changed the world the most, either positively or negatively. The ultimate example of knowledge as power is nuclear technology. It can be used for both great and evil things. It can be used as an environmentally friendly energy source or it can be used as the ultimate weapon of destruction. With current medical knowledge we can now prevent deadly diseases that we were previously completely unaware of. or we can utilize these diseases into biological weapons. Our knowledge of electricity has led to the invention of computers to steal people’s money. How the power of knowledge is used all depends on the person wielding that power. I believe that people need to make a conscious decision to acquire knowledge and realize that knowledge is power. Too often people skate through life without thinking about what is going on around them and why it’s happening. I believe that if everyone would open their eyes to the world, they may see how complex and fascinating everything is. I believe that knowledge is the key to success in life. If you look at any business the most successful people are the most knowledgeable at their trade. Without knowledge it is impossible to succeed. I believe knowledge can change people at the very core of their being. How do people decide what they believe in? They think about it and come to their own conclusions. Our world’s political and spiritual leaders didn’t just wake up one day and decide to believe in God or become a Democrat. They thought about the big issues of life. They acquired knowledge. I believe they acquired power.