Marylynn - Rockford, Michigan

Recently, while I browsed upon Facebook, I saw an invite by a close associate to a group called “I have an imagination and I’m not afraid to use it!” After accepting the invite I pondered the statement later as I was typing a paper due in class the next day. It was interesting to realize, in today’s modern society with fast cars, fast connections, fast meals and other fast things, that imagination is simply not used anymore. I believe in a simple form of original imagination or something that is not created from a cardboard box containing a plastic chip which cost forty dollars.

Imagination is becoming as dormant as a home cooked meal that was actually made in a home and not a fast food kitchen. I believe that school systems should create creative and imaginative souls, not mindless repeating parrots. This world is full of imagine-less people and many of the so-called authors and movie directors have created nothing more then a revamp of an old idea that sold money for somebody else. In order to give noncreative people entertainment, we need a new generation of people who use their imagination.

But I can say all of this and never apply it to myself. I figured that out when I was writing the paper for my class and was retyping the notes that I had been given the day before. I truly believe that original imagination is useful and try my best to find a way to use it but often find myself failing and creating something that has already made somebody else money. I suppose that if everyone applied this principal to heart the world might come crashing down from lack of ideas. However, as I sit and write this the day before it must be turned in for class, I browse upon Facebook and read the articles in my new group for the imaginative souls and proclaim, if rather weakly, that I believe firmly that I use original imagination.