Kirsten - Rockford, Michigan

Ultra Marine, Navajo white, indigo, Tangerine, Eggplant, Deep magenta, school bus yellow, Thistle, Alarizin, Tyrin purple, Ecru, Smalt;

all come together to form the United States. These colors are very unique on their own but when combined they make a very diverse, extrordinary box of crayons, known as the United States of America.

All these colors have made a large impact on the history of America. Black and white is an extremely large part of our nations’ history, those simplistic colors caused controversy, fighting, deaths, and bloodshed, but over time those conflicts have been resolved, and a red, white, and blue flag has stood to represent them.

Other great strides have been taken; the colors gray and white represent the first man on the moon. The color brown represents the desk that J.F.K. sat at when resolving the Cuban Missile Crisis, these two tasks are a large part of the red, white, and blue nation we know today. Every few years; black, white, and brown all come together and compete in the olympics, and again, they represent the red, blue, and white nation known as the U.S. But they also represent yellow, black, green, blue, and red (the olympic flags). They all swim in the same aqua, they all run on the same spring green, they all skate, snowboard, and ski on the same white and they all shed red and drink blue and compete for the same gold, silver, and bronze. When the day is done they all come home to the same red, white, and blue.

I beleive in color. I beleive that color has shaped the past, is shaping the present, and has already begun shaping the future. I beleive in diversity and I beleive in the colorful nation, known as the United States of America.