Jay - Rockford, Michigan
Themes: carpe diem, hope

Let’s be serious, when the age of time travel arrives, we’ll all get to stop worrying about our problems. Let’s face it, we’d all like to go back into our pasts and tell someone we loved them before they died, to not like disco music, or even to tell John F. Kennedy to duck; no matter what it is, we’d like to change something in the past, there’s no doubt about that.

No one can live the perfect life, and not one of you can say to yourselves that you wouldn’t change one thing about your life. Let’s stop lying to ourselves, let us face the mistakes of the past and look forward into the unknown, our future.

I believe in the future tense. I think everything in our lives awaits us there. We can’t escape the things in front of us because no matter how you cut it, the future will come. The future will arrive with luggage in both hands, and with enough clothes in its suitcase to stay forever: embrace our new friend, the future, with open arms. Don’t let it stay out in the rain.

Every mistake we’ve made, they’re in the past. If we’re aware of the blunders we’ve made in the past, we can fix them in the future! That’s a perfect deal right there. You won’t even find that good of a deal on a late night T.V. infomercial.

Don’t look at me like I’m the Grand Marshall Guru of The Future, because I’m not. This is a scheme I’ve just started to follow. So, let’s follow each other into the infinite possibilities of the future tense! Let’s show ourselves that we deserve the corrections, the fixed mistakes, the glories of our lives, in the future!

Oh, I know what some of you are saying. I can hear the murmurs among you… I understand that there are negative aspects of the future, trust me, I understand. Global Warming, if you believe in that sort of stuff. The Apocalypse, if you believe in that sort of stuff. Alien attacks from space, if you believe in that sort of stuff. Death, destruction, doom! Sure, all that stuff lies in our future, but let’s tackle all those obstacles with the force of confidence! Oh, and robots, robots taking over the world and enslaving the entire human race! That will happen, but let’s be serious, no one can stop that!

I believe in the future tense, not the past tense. If we all get caught up in the mistakes of the past tense, we’ll never get anything done, constantly caught in the past like the web of a space spider. Let’s face it, let’s show the future that we mean business! Let’s correct the errors, spills, accidents; all that stuff. Let go of the past, and jump right into the vast mysteries of the future tense!