More than Just a Sandwich

Tessa - Rockford, Michigan
Themes: pleasure

I believe in a delicious peanut butter and jelly sandwich. It is the perfect combination between sweet and salty. They seem to have a perfect friendship. When jelly offers just a little too much sugar, peanut butter steps in to balance it out. They always have each others backs. Sometimes jelly can become a little mushy, when it’s had a hard day, but peanut butter always holds strong, reassuring jelly that people will still enjoy it.

Peanut butter and jelly portrays a fine example of companionship. Where one goes, the other follows. They are never complete until they are actually touching each other. When separated, peanut butter and jelly simply aren’t the same. They do not look right, smell right, or feel right. To force peanut butter to become companions with banana is simply a crime. It makes the mouth feel awkward and out of place. When peanut butter is with anything else, you need a mediator to make everything right, or the mouth will get stuck together. Jelly simply completes peanut butter, and together they form a harmony that someone would be foolish to tinker with.

Peanut butter and jelly have a lifetime of love. They will always be there for each other, because without one another they are lost. Peanut butter and jelly are able to confide in each other through their hard times, and always have someone to express their feelings to. They never have to worry about loosing each other, because there is no one else that they function better with, no other perfect fit. The power of love makes peanut butter and jelly unaware of any danger that surrounds them, and allows them to live their lives with a fullness that is missing in so many things. They complete each other.

I believe in the relationship between peanut butter and jelly. They contain the components that people strive to reach, but never quite get to. To live a life like peanut butter and jelly means you’re living with friendship, companionship, and love. Looking at the perfect peanut butter and jelly sandwich everyday gives you an example of what happiness looks like.