Dan - FRAGTOWN, USA
Themes: pleasure

I believe in the importance of having fun. I think having fun is just as important in life as working. Yes, working is a necessary thing and you can’t always have fun, but if you’re never having fun I think it can be just as damaging as never working.

Fun comes in many forms. For some people, fun is lying in the sun on a warm afternoon. For others, it’s sitting around just chatting with friends. Whatever your definition of fun is, make sure you’re getting enough of it.

Most of us have heard the phrase ‘All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.’ But do we listen? No, we’re too busy caught up in our own business to realize we’re missing something important. One of the best things to remember is that life is supposed to be fun.

Studies show Americans are the most stressed people in the world. The main causes being money, health, and jobs. Why should the workplace be so stressful? Just because it’s work doesn’t mean it can’t be fun. Hopefully, you can find a job that you really enjoy doing. A job where you can be working and having fun at the same time.

It’s common sense, if you’re having fun, you’re happier in general. Happy lives are lead by happy people. Happy people come from fun environments. Not only does having fun and being happy make you feel good, it’s actually good for you. Staying happy is keeping healthy.

However, there can be too much of a good thing. As much fun as it is to do something you enjoy, it’s equally important to get work done. If you become too attached to the fun things, then work starts to seem less and less important. The key is finding a balance between the two so you’re getting the work done but still having fun.

I sometimes find myself suffering from this dilemma. I would go have plenty of fun, then be forced to work a lot in a small amount of time. This would end up being worse than if I had just spread out the fun stuff with the work. But everyday I’m learning to make the right decisions and find that balance.

Having fun is a part of life, in whatever form it may take. Be sure to get enough of it. To keep thoughts of your workplace positive, find a job you enjoy. Fun and happiness are directly related, so if you want to be happy have fun. Be careful not to overdue it though, it’s essential to find a balance between work and fun. But that’s enough working for now- I believe it’s time to have some fun.