david - san antonio, Texas

I believe hypocrisy is everywhere. Hypocrisy bothers me the most when it is in religion. I see it most in the way people judge a persons religion other than there own, how can anyone think that someone is a lesser person just because they don’t necessarily have the same beliefs. I am not a very religious person, mostly because I don’t know what to believe in other than what I see, and what I see almost every day is hypocrisy. Weather it be with my friends, with co workers, or just conversations I over hear. The most interesting thing to me is how a religious person can see someone as a lesser or worse person for believing in a different god than there own. Lets say a Buddhist who has never said one slightly rude thing in his life, or ever even come close to harming a fly be condemned to hell, or not receive the benefits of going to heaven. If you were to ask me I would argue that being a good person is the most important thing in life. Opening the door for and elderly person, having respect for another person, or saying please and thank you, yes ma’am and sir are what makes you a good person. Doing all of those things is in my opinion is more important than going to a church one day a week and thinking you are better than the Buddhist or the atheist that practices being a good human being everyday. After all who would you rather have next to you in heaven the wife beater who goes to church, or the atheist who helps your grandma with her groceries up two her second or third floor apartment, because no else will. Think about it next time you’re in the middle of thinking less of some one for not believing what you think is right.