Giomaris - Chicago, Illinois
Themes: carpe diem

This I Believe… No Regrets.

One fall evening, I felt courageous and proud. My boyfriend and I were going extremely well in our relationship, I got a promotion at my job, and my life was on its toll. So I decided to do something drastic but meaningful with my life, live a little. I follow the same routine: “Staying to yourself won’t hurt no one”, “Don’t drink and drive”, and “Be cautious with every one around you.” The reason I felt so in need for something drastic, was because I realized I am going to be the first graduating class of 2008 in my school, our prom is going to be fantastic, and memories will last forever. This is the best time to experience something with No Regret.

It symbolized the true meaning of love I have for him. Some people may say that when you get a guys name tattooed on your body; that he “owns” you, but to me it’s a whole different meaning, it resembles my love, the adventure I went through for years, and the happiest moments I endured in my life. Usually people get tattoos of “symbolic” things; Flowers, butterflies, etc. So they could prove something, or be funny. However, I am beyond the whole best friends tattoo, and definitely the whole idea on high school girls in love. God for bid we might not be together five years from now, five months from now, five days from now, we might not be together tomorrow. But, as long as I know that this is something beautiful, something meaningful, something worth the risk I had to take. I’m honored to be the one girl that gets to look down at my tattoo and reminded all the beloved memories I have and adventures I was apart of. I got my tattoo to take a risk; I don’t need to prove nothing to no one, not even my boyfriend. This is love. The only thing I want to prove is to take risks with no regrets.

Everything in life you do determines who you are. People make mistakes, and people learn from them. I believe that there’s only one life, one opportunity, many risks, many mistake and many regrets, young people face in our time spent during our teenage years. However my tattoo will not be mistake it is simply an acted based on my character. If you don’t make risks, and if you don’t take chances, you’ll have a bunch of Mondays to wait for……Who wants that? This is even more symbolic for me because I am living a life with No Regrets.