Jennifer - San Antonio, Texas
Themes: love

When I think of belief, I think of the people I believe in or certain things that I have a belief in. I believe in our country, I believe in myself, I believe in my family, my friends and in God, but the one thing that I believe in is the power of love. Love has a lot of power and can help lift you up when you are feeling down. I remember the exact moment my belief in love was solidified. I was seventeen year old senior in high school and going through depression. Depression is a difficult matter to deal with, especially for the one gong through it and their family having to sit and watch it all. I had stopped going to school and was being home schooled for my last two classes that I needed to graduate. This was supposed to be a happy time in my life, I was a senior in high school and about to become an aunt for the first time. I was becoming an aunt to twins. By all accounts, I should have been on top of the world, but I wasn’t, not until the day my beautiful nieces were born two months prematurely. When I walked into the neonatal intensive care unit and saw their beautiful little faces, I realized that this was what life is all about and not wallowing in my own self-pity. I didn’t just get over my depression overnight, I had to work at it, but the day those two girls were born I realized what an impact love had on people. I was completely consumed by the love that I had for those two precious lives and knew that I had to get better not only for myself, but for them so that I could be an incredible aunt. I have always had a strong belief in love and in the power behind it, but I truly did not realize it until the day my nieces were born. We each have these beliefs that we believe strongly in and I am sure we all have many beliefs in common. I believe that love is one of the beliefs that people all across this country and world have in common.