I believe the grass is green enough.

Peter - San Antonio, Texas

I think the old saying that “the grass is always greener on the other side” is more true now, than ever.

When I was younger I always wanted the latest game or the best bike. When your a child it’s normal to have these aspirations because you have no concept of money and bills or debt. As we get older the reality sets in as we have to get jobs and support ourselves.

Although we enter into the “real world”, many of us still cling to the desire to have the best and the most expensive “toys”. Why? Are these things really necessary? Does it truely make us happy to have something that is better than others?

After High school I joined the military and I was fortunate enough to see many parts of the world that most people don’t. As I traveled there was one thing that I always noticed. There are many forms of rich but poor is always the same. When you’re at the bottom of course there is no where to go but up and many of the people I saw where defenitely at the bottom, but how do you determine the top? At what point is it enough?

When I look at the world, especially the United States, I see a place that thrives on wanting more. All you see is: who has the biggest rims on their car? Who has the best cell phone? How big can I “value size” my combo meal?

In the long run where is it all going? If you take a look around to some of the other countries in the world it doesn’t take long to realize how good we really have it and this is why I believe the grass is green enough. Let’s plant some trees!