Ibrahim - St.Louis, Missouri

“The free are the educated” my teacher use to tell me. I believe in having an education because I believe it will set you free from this world. You get to have a good set of mind and understand why the world around you is the way it is. My father use to tell me this, “Education is what you need to live in the future” My father who works more than a hundred hours a week really works hard to live the life he wants. He has a family and a beautiful house, but he doesn’t have an education. I can see in his eyes that he’s dying slowly from work. Compared to someone that does have an education would work less than he does in a week and still is making the same amount of money. I want an education so I can live a life that is not so stressful but relaxing. When

I was a little kid I would see people living in real big houses and see them driving in really nice cars. I told myself I wanted to drive nice cars and live in big houses, but my father told me that these are the educated. I asked him what educated people are. He told me these are the people who finished school and became successful in their lives. After I had learned this, I started to be serious in my schooling and this was only in first grade. School at first and my grades in general weren’t all that important to me that time. After my perspective had changed, my grades had gone up and I started to be a hard working student. Grades started to be the main most important thing in my life. I would study and study for every test until I knew my information backwards. School to me was like the key to my dream goals and life. I knew that the only way I was going to buy that Porsche 9/11 was going to school. I started to think about money and living my life big one day. I was so persuaded that I use to put the money sign in front of my name. One day my teacher told me why I kept writing my name with it, I told her that is my name. I told her I’ am going to be a rich man one day.

Even as I stand today, I still have the same goal since I was little and I’ve been advancing ever since. I’m a person who lives in reality, and being a rapper or a celebrity was out of the picture so I knew that I had to work hard in school. I’m a person who needs proof to believe in anything. To show proof in having an education or a degree makes money is right here. As a result, the 2007 U.S. Census Bureau reports show that a two-year associate’s degree is worth about 8,500 per year more than a high school diploma and a bachelor’s degree is worth more than 25,000. The higher or the more you stay in school the more money your degree is worth and to me this is like “free money” to me. Hopefully one day I will get my bachelor’s degree so I can be in the business world. As I grow my one goal that will not change is getting that education, and my belief is so strong that I will do what ever it takes to get it. They say education is the key to success and my life is already a success.