Cherish what you have cause you never know when you’ll lose it

Sumaya - 55409, Minnesota
Themes: family, gratitude

Is time for dinner and my brothers and I run to the dinner table .we start fighting over who sits where on the dinner table. We practically fight over everything, but as we get older we become nicer to each other. This why I believe in cherishing what you have.

“Cherish what you have because you never know when you’ll lose it”

People hear this all the time but I question if they really believe it. I myself heard this phrase my whole life from my mother, but I never actually followed it or believed in it. This was until my best friend lost her mother and sister in a car crash. At that time I was too young to realize what I have was made to cherish.

I remember that day at school when she came into class with puffy, red, wet eyes. I ran to my friend and asked her what was wrong? What’s wrong? She looked at me with her puffy, wet eyes and said, “My mother and sister died last night in a car crash.”

I was so shocked I never thought in a million years that that would happen to my friend. I went home so confused that night wondering what I would do if that happened to me? What would I do if I lost my mother?

See it’s natural for people to want what they don’t have. This doesn’t mean don’t cherish what you do have. I think to myself what if I lost a friend or a family member? I think when a person thinks to themselves it means that person is learning how to cherish. I try not to go to bed every night without thanking god for it. I also try not to have a family member or a friend mad at me by the end of each day.

Now is time for dinner and my brothers and I run to the dinner table. Only this time we don’t fight over who sits where, we run to eat with each other at peace. Although we might have differences sometimes, we cherish each other by the end of each day.