Jessica - Solon, Ohio
Themes: carpe diem

I Believe in… Living in the Moment

The internal clock that keeps us ticking moves ever so fast. Time stops for no one and for nothing. Whether it is the good, the bad, or the ugly the next minute, the next hour, the next day will still come. Those days, although they may seem to pass by slowly, turn into a year that flies faster then the memory can recollect. The turning of the year means a different thing for each individual. It may mean another year to try and figure out who you are and your purpose in this world. It may mean the coming of graduation, a new start, and a fresh beginning. It may even mean a last chance.

Time is a game of continuum. People have to embrace everything thrown at them each sunrise to each sunset. Life could be over any second. There is no official stop watch on how long you are granted to live.

Life is short.

People have to embrace this idea and learn to love what they are blessed with. Everyday should be looked at as an opportunity to enjoy what the world provides. I’ve been graced to have amazing friends, a supporting family, and even a winning school tradition as an added bonus. What more could I want? Although it’s hard to always appreciate things at the time, reflecting back, I realize all the good bestowed upon me and it always outweighs any of the bad.

But life is sweet for certain.

After junior year already half complete, it’s hard not to wonder what lies ahead. Friends leaving, becoming a senior, even college. Wasn’t it just yesterday when I was lost in the halls of SHS? These past three years have gone by so incredibly fast and they have been really good to me. The people I have met and the experiences I’ve had make my life thus far very memorable. I just do not want what the inevitable will be sure to bring― change.

However, I know that with growing up and enjoying life this change must occur. As the clock continues to tick, I have to always remember that this part of my life as I know it will come and go quickly. I have to stop and cherish each moment; otherwise it will pass me by. This I believe: Life is short, but sweet for certain.