robert - ypsilanti, Michigan

I have many issues that make me frustrated because they are needless and ruin the whole occasion. I believe that I should be able to celebrate religious holidays and call them what they are. Teachers should also be allowed to endorse these holiday celebrations and encourage them.

I have encounter many winter holiday seasons where at school I cant have a Christmas party because it would be unfair to people of other religions. What I believe should happen is that we let there be Christmas parties before break but also let other people celebrate for their religious holiday. It would give people a better understanding of other religions such as why they celebrate and how they do.

Outside of school you can’t just avoid other people celebrating what they believe in just by walking away. Eventually you will run into it. If you walk through a city around the holiday season there will be Christmas sales and signs saying merry Christmas. If we just celebrated all of the holidays represented by students in the class, everyone could enjoy their own and others holiday celebrations. In the end, it rounds out the person in their knowledge of other people and their beliefs and the next time they see a sign they will understand why it is important to them.