Bridgette - brunswick, Ohio
Themes: love, purpose

I believe? What do I really believe in, that is the question? Do I believe in waking up every morning and getting ready the same way that I did yesterday and the day before that? Do I believe in eating at the same place for breakfast lunch and dinner? Do I believe in watching my favorite reality T.V shows before I go to bed every night? I think everyone ask themselves this Question.

What I believe in is fate. I believe that fate will happen to everyone, it may not be like my story but it will happen in some kind of way. This summer a couple of my friends and I went to the Cleveland Cavaliers playoff game at the Quicken loans arena. We were all having a good time laughing and screaming at Lebron James when he would make a basket. Then half time came around and they were showing all the people in the audience that had made posters and acting all crazy. Then all of a sudden I spotted this boy on the jumbo tron that was holding up a sign and jumping around. I looked at my friend Chelsey and said, “He’s so cute!” We tried to find where he was sitting so we could go and talk to him but it never happened. I never thought that I would see this boy again.

Then a couple of months later I was coming up to bowling green for orientation and registration. I remember so clearly, I was walking with my dad in the Union waiting to get a bite to eat, when all of a sudden out of the corner of my eye I spotted this kid and he looked so familiar. I did a double take and then realized that it was the same boy that I saw at the Cavaliers game. I couldn’t believe it! He was going to go to the same college that I was going to. I had this big smile on my face and wanted to go and call my friend chelsey right away. Then my dad looked at me and was like, “why are you all excited” in a deep voice. I was at a lost of words, and then I said “I’m just really hungry and can’t wait to eat.” He looked at me again and was like sure you are.

When I got home, I called Chelsey and told her the good news, and the first thing she said to me was “you actually think that you’re going to see him again? That campus is so big.” Way to put down my happiness, I thought. But then I realized I probably won’t ever see him again. College started and I was hoping to have a class with him but there was no sing of this boy I had a crush on and he didn’t even know it. This is where fate steps in.

One night me and my friends went out to a couple of parties and we were having fun and just about to leave this one house to go to another when all of a sudden who walks through the door, the kid I thought was so cute and I never thought I would see again. To make a long story short we started talking and now we are going out. Now if you think that fate doesn’t play a role in your life think again? I would have never imagined that I would of talked to or even been going out with a kid that I saw at a basketball game. What I believe in is fate makes you really realize that anything can happen. Going about your daily life they’re things all around you that have to do with fate. Say you run into an old friend that is fate, you find 5 dollars on the ground, that is fate. Little things like that are really represent what fate means. When people say, “yea right something like that could never happen.” You just have to realize that it can and I’m sure that it will. You see it in movies all the time too, and you think that they just wrote that story line so people would enjoy watching the movie. But really fate does happen and people just don’t realize it.