Sam - Chaska, Minnesota
Themes: question

I believe in everything and nothing. I know that this is a broad subject, but I’m a broad person. I have to be if I am going to be open-minded. I think that there is so much to my life that could never fit in an essay, no one could really get a full grasp on someone else through this, but I’ll try to tell you about my code of ethics and you can interoperate that into your own.

When I think, which I do constantly, about everything I also come back to nothing. Opposites rule this world, but it could never be broken down into two categories like that, but rather they layer on top of each other through contradictions. Those contradictions spiral into an infinite number of possibilities. I think that contradictions to society and oneself are the only way to progress and make oneself “better.” Sometimes I think that I should use “quotations” around everything that I say, words are only symbols anyway. I’m a firm and loose believer in reality. It isn’t tangible as a thought and I can’t express how I feel about it, but it seems very strange to think about things in the literal sense. Words are symbols, music is sound, pictures are microscopic dots of dye that could be different to each person, time is the position of the sun, and everything is just a theory.

I think that humanity is the first thing we need to “fully” comprehend. I think that before we can learn about something more advanced we need to realize ourselves. I contradict myself by thinking that we will never realize who we are fully and that it is pointless, we may get a general outlook on it, and I’m fine with that. I think that through contradictions we hit every side of the story, too. Seeing opposites as positives is great too: finding beauty in ugliness, finding contentment in discontent, finding balance in unsteadiness. That brings me to the aspect of people being “all of the above” creatures. We want it all or none, but can never have it. So we all try to find balance knowing that everyone is on a different page then everyone else. I try to be equal and not have social ties; I see things not from titles and names but for the ultimately purest and simplest facets of someone’s character. I don’t understand why people get riled up from someone else insulting them or their homeland, you don’t have to, you’re just as human and you come form the same place; earth. We’re all the same and different. Emotions are very strange, we have these different “things” that influence us and make us “feel” a certain way.

I think that joining groups is a problem and a solution. Groups help people find others with the same mind set and exclude others. Groups make people proud of their group, and if you disagree with your group the power in numbers theory takes over and you are more helpless. Groups promote ignorance and close-mindedness, it seems that we have no universal diplomacy with everyone and stick to the group; this applies individually, locally, and worldly. This is a conflict with no resolution.

As I write this I evolve, as you read this you evolve, we are constantly changing.