Hard Work

Sara - Ohio
Themes: work

I believe in hard work. Working hard at something and achieving your goals is a great feeling. Throughout life there are people who have to work hard at everything that they do, but there are also some people who do not work hard and I think that hurts them in the long run. In everyone’s life there are hard times that people have to go through. If you work through those hard times and obstacles in life then you will be a lot better off and you will learn a lot.

I have been taught that not everything comes easy; sometimes you have to work hard for what you want. When I was in Jr. High and High school I was very active in sports. I was always busy doing stuff. The 4 sports that I did was Cheerleading, Track, Cross Country, and Marching Band. At first when I started Cheerleading I was not very good. By the time I graduated high school I was a lot better. My sophomore year I made it on Varsity, I was the first one in my sophomore class to make it on Varsity. The reason why I was the one that made it was because I worked hard at knowing all the cheers and working on my jumps and motions. In Track I was the not best runner, I didn’t have the fastest times. But I received many awards for my hard work and dedication that I have. I only ran Cross Country my senior year. There were about fourteen girls on the team; all who had ran Cross Country before. By the end of the season I ended up being the alternate girl for districts. I was so excited because all my hard work had paid off.

Our Marching Band competed and we had to work very hard. We had practices every Tuesday and Thursday in the summer for three hours. Once school started we had practices everyday for about an hour and a half during school. We would go to about five competitions each season. We weren’t the biggest band; we only had about forty some people. We competed against bands that were two maybe three times the size of us. We would beat most of them because of all the hard work that we did. My sophomore year we made it to State! It was the first time ever in our schools history. We also made it to state my senior year. By working hard and concentrating on what our goal was and what needed to be done we were able to make it to State. Marching Band was my favorite sport because everyone was like family and we truly did work hard and got awards and trophies that we deserved. It was a lot of fun and I will never forget the memories that I have from Marching Band.

In school I had to work hard for my grades and because I was in a lot of sports I had to make sure I kept up with my grades so that I could still participate. Some people can just get good grades and they don’t have to study. In the long run I believe that the people who have to study and have to work harder will be better off. Also sometimes there are people who don’t study at all and don’t get good grades. That is going to hurt them in the long run. Getting good grades is important for getting into college, and the things that they learn they will have to use in the real world.

I believe that if you work hard and achieve your goals then you will have great satisfaction at what you have done. If you just sit around and don’t care about life and don’t work hard then you will probably not get every far. By working hard you will have a great pleasure about the goals that you achieve and at what you accomplish.