You Only Need One

Sandra - Bowling Green Ohio
Themes: family, gratitude

Some people may blame failure on their parents. Either because one passed away and the other parent raised them wrong or because the parents split up. Even though parents have a big part in their children’s lives that does not mean that they are responsible for their failures. Sometimes parents may do everything right and their child may still turn out to be a failure, or the parent might do a very bad job at raising one and the child still may turn out successful.

In my case, I only have my mother. Up to this point in my life I have managed to succeed and get through all the obstacles in my life. Even though sometimes I would get failing grades, or had hard times at school, I, until this day know that I am going to do something great with my life. I know that the main person that I need to be grateful to is my mother. She had to be mother and father to me, and she somehow managed to raise my older brother who was only ten years old at the time, me when I was only five years old, and my baby sister who was only two months old, all on her own. We always had a roof over our heads and we always had something to eat. You might ask, what is so good about this? Well, many single parents may give up on their children and feel that just because they do not have someone by their side helping them raise their children that they cannot do it on their own. My mother managed to raise us and make us into good people.

I believe that in order to succeed in life all you need is one great role model and someone that will not give up on you no matter what. That can be your mother or father. My mother guided me through everything in my life and I am where I am because of her. If one day I am extremely successful I know that she is the reason why.