Jazmine - wayne, Michigan
Themes: death, family

My most powerful memories from my granddaddy whom I miss so much. My granddaddy died while I was in the 7th grade about 12 days before my birthday and he was like the only person I could tell anything to. Our birthdays were four days apart which meant instead of getting two birthday cakes and doing it on different days we did it together. He was more like a father than a grand father to me because he was the one who was always there, when my father wasn’t.

Some other strong memories that i have of my grandfather are the ones of us goin to the park together, to play basketball. Well let me put it this way her attempted to teach me i just never grasped the concept. He also let me help him work on cars even though i prolly just made more work for him. Don’t let me fail to mention the fact that I was the one who made him stop smoking; he said that one day when he went outside to smoke he saw me in the doorwaytrying to do the same thing he was doing. And he wanted to make sure that I never picked up the bad habit.

Another momory that i have that will last me a lifetime is the day my granddaddy and I were sitting outside at the park across the street from his house listening to the birds sing,he taught me how to whistle I had to be about 6 or 7 years old but i thought it was the best thing ever.

Those are some of my memories that will last me a lifetime, and that’s why I believe memories last a lifetime. BGecause even though my granddaddy died I stil have his memories to live on with me for a lifetime.