Liz - solon, Ohio
Themes: hope

I walk across the dark stage. I can’t see anything, not even an inch in front of my nose. Click. A spot light flicks on. I’m standing as still as possible. The light sound of a piano is playing in the background. Before I new it I was singing. Beautiful words are flying out of my mouth. I feel myself building and building…..I’m dancing around the stage. I’m reading my lines. The lights shut off and everything is dark, then I hear it it’s the roar of the crowd….I believe in dreams.

I believe in dreams. What is the definition of dreams? Well….if you don’t know a dream is a condition or achievement that is longed for. I have had one of those since I was ten. The first play that I ever saw was the Nutcracker….. I know I know why didn’t I see Annie or I don’t know maybe Cinderella….I really don’t know why I didn’t. The first time I saw the nutcracker and Clara dancing on stage I had eyes wide, and I was taking in every moment of every scene. I couldn’t stop I cried all the way home because I didn’t want to leave. I told myself that very night that I would become that girl on stage singing her heart out and dancing up a storm. And this I believe.

I am 15 now and my dream is just coming true. I auditioned for Beauty and the Beast. I have to say auditioning is a scary thing. You have to sing, you have to dance, and even read lines…plus ever thing your doing (singing, dancing, reading lines) you have to act while doing all of them. Man and I thought it was going to be hard. It took me four weeks and three days to learn my song. I was going to sing When she loved me from Toy story 2 not 1 but 2. “When somebody loved me, everything was beautiful. Every hour spent together, lives within my heart. And when she was sad, I was there to dry her tears. And when she was happy, so was I, when she loved me…” I was practicing everyday and my friends were encouraging me saying “Hun you’ll do great!” and then I got to the auditorium. It was like a watering hole for wild African animals, all of us chilling around the water taking our drink and then the lions came (the directors); all the animals stop what they are doing and stand still. The directors call us in name by name by name, it was nerve wrecking. Then it was my turn and I as I walked across the stage I thought of Clara. I turn around to face the crowd of directors and choreographers and sang that song like I never sang it before. And this I believe.

I believe in dreams. I believe that you can do anything you put your heart into. I believe that you can achieve goals even if they are far away. I believe in friends. I believe in family. And this I believe.

I believe that dreams do come true

I believe there’s destiny for me and you

I believe that good things come to those who wait

I believe love never arrives too late

~ Kayla Neil