“Everything happens for a reason”

Lizette - San Antonio, Texas
Themes: purpose

A couple of months ago I was at my sister’s house visiting and dropping off my niece and nephew. I expected to stay there for ten or fifteen minutes but my brother-in-law kept talking and talking my ear off. After what turned out to only be a thirty minute stay, I jumped into my truck to start my journey back home. I was five minutes into my driving on Loop 410 and there was stop-and-go traffic at around one in the afternoon. Minutes later I had realized there was a six car pile up in the far left lane, where I had been driving. The accident had occurred moments before…LITERALLY. Some of the people who were involved in the accident were starting to get out of their cars. That could have been me if my brother-in-law had not talked to me so much. Instances like this lead me to strongly believe no matter how much you might not like a situation, everything happens for a reason.

Situations such as these are meant to happen at a particular time in our lives. Every little thing we as individuals have been through, whether it is the worst of things or the best of things makes us stronger or weaker depending on what we take from our experiences. Many people think things happen out of coincidence or they were lucky. Not me, I think everything has a purpose or a reason. I do not believe in coincidence because I think you take a little bit of every one you met and interact with and that makes you the person you are. When people meet and things good or bad happen they are destined to happen, as if one chapter of your life is closing at the same time one is opening, but all of the instances and experiences fill each and every page that make up the book of our lives. When you have gut feelings to do things you usually would not do, take it as a sign and do it; things happen for a reason. What ever twists and turns life throws at you, you become stronger and live to see a better day. Every experience we have been through makes us the very person we are today. The decisions you made ten years, ten months, ten days or even yesterday made you the person you are today. This is why I believe everything happens for a reason.