Michael - Palatine, Illinois
Themes: change

I believe that at any given point in time, man will say something inspirational, breathtaking, spiritual, or humorous. To any of us these could be from a favorite movie, a teacher, a close friend, or maybe a grandparent. But these quotes stick with us through good times and bad, through funny times and sad. But they stick. They become so engrained that we begin to live our lives by these very words. So I would like to share with you the two quotes that I believe will get you through any trial or tribulation that may occur in your lifetime.

Quote 1: “What we do in life, echoes in eternity.” As most will know this comes from the movie Gladiator. But let’s stop and think about this. We all want to graduate college, get a job, have a family, retire, and spend the money we made. But what will make you stand out? What will you do for someone or for something that will make you be remembered? I believe that everyone is destined for greatness, and at some point in their life it shows itself. However, not all of us take the chance, make the deal, swing the bat or throw the hail mary, and whether they look back on their life later and wonder “what if?” is up to them; but what I want you to understand today is to not look over any opportunity, any kick or any swing as if another will come tomorrow or next week. Any one moment in your life whether it be good or bad can change the direction of your life forever. This leads me to my next quote,

Quote 2: Never let the odds keep you from what you know in your heart you were meant to do.” Have you ever been told you’re not big enough, fast enough, or smart enough to accomplish what you wanted? Who possesses so much authority to say what you can and cannot accomplish in life. Our society puts these images in our heads that only the biggest athletes can play pro or the geniuses can be CEOs. But what about the underdog, the kid that wanted to be a professional athlete ever since he or she can remember but was a little smaller that average, maybe a little slower, but played with more heart that any person on the field. Or the secretary that had ideas that changed the face of small business and turned it into a multi-million dollar industry. They win championships and make the big deals too.

So think about the moments that are put in front of you and think of what will make a difference, make a memory in more minds than you know, or ones that might actually change lives, but most importantly yours.