Jeffrey - Issaquah, Washington
Themes: immigrant

Illegal immigration and illegal aliens are a source of several debates. People in the US want to stop immigration for one reason or another. I believe that we need to look at the part they play in our country’s past and present.

Illegal aliens are something people feel are taking jobs from other people, namely those who are actual US citizens. But let’s face it they are necessary for the US economy to continue functioning. What kind of jobs would you like to have? Do you want to being cleaning hotel rooms or maybe picking fruit? Maybe you want to work in a shoe factoring making shoes for 8 hours a day. No, I wouldn’t ether but who would do these jobs if we got rid of all the illegal aliens, kids, hobos, or just people who didn’t graduate high school. They’re better jobs out there that they could find with out a high school diploma. They could work at a grocery store, or at a fast-food place. The simple truth is that there are too many jobs but not enough people to fill all the jobs. That’s why I think we need illegal aliens. We are all know about the thousands of people who came from Cuba when Castro took control or the people that crammed themselves into shipping container in order to get to this country. They all need food, shelter, water, and jobs. They’re plenty of jobs out there for them to do that normal US citizens don’t want so why are we as a nation complaining about them taking those jobs. I feel that US citizens are over reacting to some thing that as been apart of this country from the very beginning. Illegal aliens are just doing what the Europeans did back when the colonies were first built. They were not native to the land; there were a large amount of people living in the Americas before the first Europeans even showed up, there were about 100 million people already here. They were by definition illegal aliens, all they wanted was a new start. You can argue what you want, but if you look at the facts and way we define illegal aliens today you’ll see that the Europeans were illegal aliens. I believe, as a nation, we are hypocritical when it comes to this issue. If you don’t want to look back to the colonial times, then just look back to the Mexican American war. The US sent its own our own people to live in the area, which is now Texas, to take it from Mexico and take it for our own. Texas was part of Mexico at the time so the people from the US would be illegal aliens.

I think we need to take a step back and change how we look at this issue. I believe if we do this our country will become better.