Harold - B0V1E0, Canada
Age Group: 65+
Themes: golden rule

My beliefs were focused and strengthened by a Baptist Mission trip to Rwanda in December 2007.

I believe that people are born innately good no matter what country they live in and that Christianity’s Golden Rule, ‘Do unto others what you would have them do unto you’, has its parallels in all the great religions of the world.

I believe that all religions will participate in the heaven that follows leaving this earth, heaven being defined as that place that receives one’s soul when one passes on.

I believe that a church is not a building but is instead the people who make up the congregation.

I believe that the Christian religion’s participation in the fight for souls in Africa is wrong and will only result in the conflicts that have happened over the years in the name of religion.

I believe that religion is a very personal thing and we cannot possibly know that our belief is one hundred per cent right when it is based on faith.

I believe that God was created by man and not the reverse. Everyone has heard the old phrase, ‘Who has seen the wind?’ I believe that this phrase could be ‘Who has seen God?’