Devin - Seattle, Washington

Devin N

Language Arts

Block 1

1/2/08

I’m 15 years old and I’m a freshman in high school. My names Devin N and I grew up in Seattle, Washington. I live in a city where everyone has a lot of friends. If you don’t have any friends in Seattle then it’s a much harder way of life. So I learned early on that I had to have a lot of friends.

I believe in friendship because it has helped me in a lot of ways. I remember when I was little I used to play every sport I could. It helped me make friends, it kept me healthy and I had a lot of fun. I remember in kindergarten I didn’t have any friends for a while. Once we started playing sports at recess like pogo and tether ball then I made a lot of friends. That helped change everything I do today because having friends made me happy. This is an important belief because people normally have to be happy to enjoy life. Friendship is one of the many ways to become happy.

I remember the first few friends that I made. My first friend I ever had was Max Departee and he’s in my classes still. My friends I met in Kindergarten were Yuki, Eric and Ian. These were my best friends. I don’t think I would be the same I was today if I hadn’t been friends with them.

There was a time when I hung out with my friends and I had my first fight. My friend Yuki and I started arguing about pokemon. Then we both hit each other and ran in crying. That was when I realized there were other ways to solve problems other then fighting. That skill still helps me at this very day and I think that’s very good.

Friendship is important in almost every city, state and country. A lot of things revolve around friendship. For example people who have friends will treat them much better than if you’re just an acquaintance. I personally think that I would always help a friend if their in trouble. That’s just another reason to believe in friendship.

Now I use my friends to enjoy life and have fun. My friends are one of the most important things to make me enjoy life. I’m glad that I have friends and I think that my belief is very important.