Eric - west shokan, New York

Hello my name is Eric Huppert I attend Onteora high school were I am a senior. The first thing that came to my mind when it thought of this I believe is personal goals in life. As my senior year of school comes to an end I think of all the people in the school district that have helped me to succeed.

It is those people that have made me want to do something with my life. The support of my family has also greatly affected my choices and decisions that I have made in my life. For me growing up in a family of 6 children has helped me a lot to realize that I want to have a bright successful future. My older siblings have given me a good lesson about succeeding and not succeeding in life. This makes me realize how important my future is.

While I have been growing up I have witnessed my brother’s and sister’s struggle in life due to the path that they choose after high school. Seeing my family members struggle in life hits me hard due to the fact that soon I will have to make decisions that they have once made. But for me I know what I want in life and I know I want to be successful and happy. I have an older brother who is 30 years old and just joined the military due too the fact that he had nothing else to do with his life.

He is a prime example of what I don’t want to do with my life. I have seen him struggle so much due to the fact that he is lazy. He had goals in life but never pursed them due to the fact that he dropped out of high school and this I believe was his first big mistake. Having a high school diploma is the first big step to ensuring your future with out that you are bound to struggle.

I believe that school is just a game and to play the game you must realize that it is an important stepping stone in life. In school you learn more important stuff then the academics. Like for instance people skills, and coping skills this I believe is more important than the academics due to the fact that in a real job you need to have those skills no matter what it is you do. Some times as I think about my future it scares me because I have seen what happens when people have no goals or ambition but do to the fact that I have so many good and bad influences along with the support of my family and teachers I know I can and will succeed.