Alexis - Portland, Oregon

I believe in a dream. . .

I believe that one of the worst things you can do to someone is to take away someone’s dream, because that may be all they have to hold on to. When taking away someone’s dream and downsizing their dream you are killing someone’s internal beliefs and taking their inner pride that can possibly make that dream into reality. The most successful people in the world started with a dream. It is no telling where we would be today if Martin Luther King JR. and Gandhi never had a dream.

I believe when you tear someone’s dream apart you are playing with God, because one person has the ability to change the whole nation or even the world and you are depriving them and maybe even others as well. We must be careful what words we allow to come out of our mouths; because information is easily misinterpreted we must not be quick to discourage others from their right to seek their dream. That is why it is bad to be judgmental towards people’s choices, something in their spirit whether right or wrong may have led them to their choice.

Dreams are like drugs except dreams are more positive. Once a person has a dream there is a vision that shows what the outcome will be when you achieve the goals and make all the right choices to complete that dream. Some people serve their whole life longing for this. Like an addiction where you chase that first high you chase the outcome of that one only dream so that you can see and feel the reality and the beauty of that dream in real life.

I know many people who say that they have no dream, or act as if they do not have any and that is sad. I wonder sometimes, did they ever have one. A lot of them seem so lost, hard to figure out and very unpredictable. Their choices are not based on what they feel is right are wrong they act more on their emotions or what will better satisfy them at that moment not in the long run. These types of people scare me because having a dream gives support it signifies and justifies decisions that individual may choose to make. It helps to better plan success and make a difference amongst others.

I am glad to say that I have a dream and many people have criticized it over and over, I don’t let others discourage me. I stay positive and continue my struggle to get to where I am headed. Hopefully others who have dreams will learn to continue their struggle to make a difference as well and don’t let others discourage them. Those who have a dream should make sure to stay focused on their goals to reach that dream. It mustn’t be forgotten or second guessed because it was meant to be achieved.