Zack - Reno, Nevada
Themes: sports, work

People believe in many different things, from hard work to being dedicated. I believe in going the extra mile and pushing your limits. All the time I see people that sit to the side and watch their life fly by. Not trying to improve it at all or even thinking about changing their lifestyles. They don’t believe they can do anything more than they are doing at that moment, and they won’t push themselves, they have no aspiration. I believe that if you try your hardest at everything you do and you try to do better than that you can pull through and accomplish your goals.

I am very competitive, so whenever I try something I try to excel at it and do better than before. I believe that as long at you try to better yourself, even if you fall short you can never lose. Whenever I play sports, I work hard and try to do better. Several years ago I used to be a decent baseball fielder. I would make most of the plays but I could never make the hard hit or diving plays. After a while I realized that I could make those plays if I worked on them, so I strove to better myself and practiced whenever I could. Warm, cold, light, or dark I always tried to get better, and try, try again, I finally became a better fielder. I was able to make those web gem plays and I realized that I had pushed my limits and reached them so I started looking for a new limit. So I chose to try to make every play I could and this past year I only had a couple errors in both regular and summer season. I strove to better myself, and because I never gave up, I was able to reach my goal.

I believe in the idea that anyone could do anything they want to, even if it looks far out of reach, as long as they do everything they can to try to get there and endeavor to do their best. As Jack Chapman said, “The only way to define your limits is by going beyond them.”