Elissa - Lake Linden, Michigan

I believe that figuring out what you truly believe in at fifteen isn’t going to work out. I believe that when you’re a fifteen you don’t really know what you want or believe in or what I think is right. Today I believe that I’m sick of drama and the people causing it, but by tomorrow I could believe that true love conquers all.

When you’re a teen it’s hard to decide what you really feel strongly about. You are constantly being influenced by others and that influence can change any minute. So my belief is that at such a young age you usually don’t have a solid belief.

Over the past few days I had been thinking of what I really believe in and I’ve probably came up with eight different ideas that I could maybe write about, but maybes not going to write a 350+ word essay. Once I started to think even more about the subject I realized it wasn’t that important or I didn’t feel the same about it once I tried to write about it some more.

At first I thought I could write about good friendships being lost over stupid things but then I thought about it, and if a friendship was that good it wouldn’t go away. After that I thought I could write about how I believe that people start drama throughout your whole life. But after a few minutes of thought and a paragraph or two I thought that by writing about that it, it might start drama. Thinking about it I thought that I definitely don’t want to be a crappy drama starter.

I’ve gone through so many different topics today and I’m still not exactly sure what I believe in even a little bit. Maybe someday when I’ve experienced more I might be able to write about all my important beliefs .Maybe I’ll believe that you are only good if you go to church or that children shouldn’t have to go to school like they do now. But that’s something I might believe in later in life, right now…I can’t think of anything. And maybe one day when I m older and have a truly solid belief I’ll write about it and send it to you, if your still alive. But right now my mind is changing too much to really pick something I believe in. And this I believe.