Jordan - tulsa, Oklahoma
Themes: gratitude

The Dream Forage

Are you following your dreams? I believe that everyone should go after their dreams. Now I am not talking about the delusions that we conjure up every night, and most often forget after breakfast, I am simply talking about our hopes, our ambitions, and our desires. If I were to not follow my dreams, then it would really make life a lot less fun. I would wake up every morning thinking to myself, “I can’t believe that I have to do this today, I hate doing this.” But as long as you are doing something you are at least making a living, right? A friend and I had a conversation once about this and came to the conclusion that our lives are basically limited by the need to survive. Only recently have I learned that the world can only function if everybody is doing their part. We will all depend on each other to contribute in some way. Why not contribute by doing something that you love to do?

Not everyone has realized their hopes yet. For example, I used to want to be a plastic surgeon, but the more time that passed, the more I realized that that dream was solely based on the want of money. I am now unable to think of a passion that suits every aspect of “what makes a good hope or passion for Jordan.” Everyone is different; differences are what make the world so interesting. Everyone is going to have different dreams, and everyone is going to want something that differs from everyone else’s. It is up to all of us to find out what that is.

Many people, including myself are afraid of this realization. The thought of having to stick to one thing for my entire life scares me to death, but I’ve come to realize that dreams can change, and as long as you follow your heart, you will always be happy. The truth is, you should never be afraid to pursue your dreams, because even in the end, if nothing matters, you will know that, at least you had fun. I sure would like to know that.

It seems like I have been scared my entire life of what is to come, and I have never really realized a dream that has stuck with me to this day, but what I have come to realize is that life is something precious, and it should not be taken for granted. No longer will I hide my feelings from the rest of the world, and no longer will I be a slave to the fear of what’s to come. I believe that I should experience every aspect of life, and continue in the search for my dreams. That is the only way that I will I be truly happy. I believe that everyone should go after their dreams.