Kushal - Newark, California

I believe in ” Laughter”. And this belief of mine has been strengthened both in my professional and personal life.

In my professional life as a doctor, I see people with multitude of ailments- both physical and mental, and do my best to provide them with comfort and healing.

Ther was one particular patient of mine who was depressed and crying through most of her visit and to lighten the atmosphere I ended up sharing a joke with her to which she responded,”this is the first time, I have laughed in weeks and It feels good”.

In my personal life, like everyone else, I have been through life’s ups and downs and I believe what made me survive through those hard times was my ability to laugh and being surrounded by friends who believed in the same.

Laughter is indeed the best medicine. Research has shown that laughter reduces the level of stress hormones and increases the levels of hormones like endorphins. All this means is a stronger immune system and overall improved well being.

So along with your regular medicine prescriptions, I believe in adding another prescription, LAUGH ATLEAST THREE TIMES A DAY.