David - Ann Arbor, Michigan
Themes: sports

I believe in playing sports. I play sports since I was about 5 years old. I have played many, almost all kinds of sports. It is just a thing that makes get up and do something with my life.

Sport makes me a better person. To go to practice every day, to wake up every morning at 5 p.m. takes will and will teach me to do stuff when I need to, not when I want to. It will teach me responsibility by being at practice and at games in time, bringing my stuff there. It’ll teach me respect by listening to my coaches, captains and teammates.

I enjoy playing sports. It is not the easiest thing to do but when I am actually doing it, it’s so much fun. I love to compete and I love to win. To hang out with my friends every day is also something that not anybody can get. People actually have to get up and do it for a while to enjoy it; they have to find their own kind of sports. I tried about 10-15 kinds of sports until I found my favorite.

Sport is friendship. Sport has always been about bringing people together. When you watch a sport movie you see that enemies become friends, teenagers from different hoods make peace, different races look at each other differently. Even in Olympics it was about peace, getting people together from all over the world to make friends and have fun even for one day in the middle of the biggest war. I make a lot of friends during tournament and practice. I know people all over the U.S.A.

Sport is important in my life. I spend almost all my free time playing sports in a team or just playing basketball outside with my dad. My future life plans are depending on sports too. I never want to finish playing. I love to do it, it’s good for my health, it helps me get friends and be a better person. It was, is and will be the most important thing in my life and even if I can’t play for some reason there are other ways of enjoying sports.