David - prairie view, Illinois

The Mother Makes The Man

Everyone is born with two people in their life, a mother and a father. However, in some cases the mother and/or father die or run off. In my life I was blessed with a mother to stick with me the entire way. Everything that I have learned is because of the woman who made me.

Ever since I was born my mother has been on her own raising my brother and I. No father figure, and no child support money. Some may think that I have a rough life because I do not have a father teaching me what life is about and all the rough patches down the road there will be. I am happy with what I have right now.

Even though my father is not in my life, I could not picture my life any better than it is with the woman I call mom.

My mother has taught me everything there is to know about living in the outside world. The massive hardship that we have endured had only made us stronger. Every step we take, we fall forward, not looking back. No matter how many choices I make, good or bad, my mother is always there to pick me up on my feet. Teaching me about the business world and to do better than my father has done. Whether I look like, sound like or even act like my father, I am not him. Everything that I am is from my mother.

The more time passes by, the more I realize how I could never have made it through life without my mother. The more I keep growing and maturing, into the man that she has raised. This is what I believe.