zach - hubbell, Michigan

I Believe That This Essay is Stupid

I Believe Essays are stupid. It is completely ridiculous for me to have to write an essay with a set word count, specific starting and certain writing procedure. And thrown in the fact that the essay is about what I believe, and I don’t even have a specific belief that I want, or feel the need to express to the public in a written form, the idea becomes ludicrous. Think about it “I Believe”, the topic is impossible to write about. That is unless I do actually believe. So I refuse to bs my way threw an essay that I Believe is stupid.

I do have some very strong beliefs, not the least of which being Jesus, Listening to good music, and having fun. I don’t have a problem talking about these things it’s just that it is unnecessary for me to pick one of them, single it out and serve it to my audience in a watered down form in a bad essay that would never accomplish my point. The way I see it if people cared about my opinions or beliefs they would talk to me about it, not read some stupid and lengthy paper.

Around Christmas my cousin asked me something about my liking to white rice with salt and pepper. He was baffled by the thought, and when he asked me about it what do you think I did? Well I am obviously not going to tell him that I don’t like vegetables or sauce on or with my rice.

Of course it seems like it would be obvious, but that’s exactly what I have been asked to do. All I have to do for this assignment is place my belief into a mold and let it sit over night, and I get an I Believe Essay. To be honest I am disappointed to be doing it.

I have no need to write an I Believe Essay. I do not need written proof that I believe something to make me feel like I do. And I don’t have anything that I need to confess of get off my chest, so tell me why it makes any sense to write an I Believe Essay, and I will tell you why you are wrong. It’s just stupid, and I strongly disapprove of the point. No I Believe for me.